Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Not Entirely What I Expected

I worked a swatch of Crimped Stitch #3 without the double wraps but on the same size needles. It came off the needles dense. Really, really dense. Much more than I expected.

Blocked, though, it turns into a lovely fabric. It may be a tad stiff for a whole garment, but I can certainly see it as a section to add stability - - perhaps a yoke or shoulder strap. On the other hand, going up just a needle size or two would  probably yield a nicely draping fabric.

On the third hand, the unblocked fabric has a very nubby texture. It's hard to tell in the superwash wool I used for the swatch, but I suspect that in a cotton and/or hemp blend yarn it would make a lovely bath mitt or similar item. Hmmmm, I'm going to have to think about that!

Until next time . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment