Friday, May 8, 2015

My Latest Published Design

© ilikeknitting.com

The June 2015 issue of  I Like Knitting has been published, and I am very pleased that a lace scarf I designed has been included! It is in an original pattern stitch I call Triangle Lace. The halves of the scarf are started at the center back so the ends are identical. I've used a really cool, though little known, decrease called "Bunny Ears." It turns three stitches into two and contributes greatly to the symmetry of the pattern stitch. You can find a number of tutorials here. It is worked on a wrong side row in my pattern, but is quite instinctive when you know what the result is supposed to be.

The yarn is Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK. It's an 80/20 bamboo and wool blend, lovely and soft. With the small wool content, it will be a good season-spanning accessory. 

You may have noticed that I haven't posted for the past few weeks. I've been busy with a big project but, now that it's done, I plan to get back to blogging. Until then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment