Sunday, September 9, 2018

Bunnies and Llamas and Sheep, OMG!

My husband and I went to the Garden State Sheep Breeders Sheep and Fiber Festival yesterday. It was overcast, but the temperature finally broke so it was a much more pleasant day than it could have been. There was an Angora rabbit to pet, two llamas sitting in their pen completely unperturbed by the hubbub around them, and multiple breeds of sheep. (My favorite is the Jacob sheep with their multiple horns.)

One of the first booths we went into had a baby camel/silk blend yarn that was soft, soft, soft! I didn't want to buy the first yarn to catch my eye, but I was planning to go back later to purchase it. Towards the end, though, I was at the Marianated Yarns booth and fell in love. The yarn is "Uncorked Gradient" and the color is "Marilyn Merlot". (I love puns.) It is 69% silk, 22% kid mohair, and 9% nylon. It is labeled "fingering weight" but, with the mohair aura, I will probably work it at a sport or dk gauge.


I was surprised to find a couple of sample skeins of their "Scrumptious" yarn in my bag. It's Merino with some cashmere and nylon and it is very well named. I, myself, am too sensitive to wear wool socks, but for people who are able to, yep, it does seem worth a shot. The gradations in the pink are so subtle yet absolutely amazing!

So, that's it for now! Until next time . . .

1 comment: