Friday, March 7, 2014

One off the "To Try" List

A couple of posts ago, I pondered how the Offset Pattern would look if all the decreases were sl2-k1-p2sso. As it turns out, not all that different. You can see from the closeups that the outer three stitches on each side of a group are pulled towards the central stitch no matter which decreases are used; the groups using the slanted decreases are ever so slightly rounder. The chart is very similar to the previous one given that only the decreases are changed.






While I was working on the above swatch, I got to wondering why I needed to do all those extra rows of Stockinette Stitch. I decided to reduce the pattern to four rows and convert the wrong side rows to purl. That pattern will be the subject of my next post.

Until then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment